Thursday, February 10, 2011

COOKING YOUR HERITAGE

I have found it a fun thing  when I started learning how to cook foods that my ancestors made.  This is another experience that helps you to appreciate your family's history.  Find out what kind of dishes your ancestors made and then share with your friends.  Maybe doing a dinner with an International flavor.

Because many of my ancestors were Greek I have enjoyed learning which foods were used for which holidays etc.  The customs teach you a great deal.  Many Greeks social life revolves around food, and you never leave a Greek persons home hungry, but I also learned that it is one of the healthiest diets on the planet, a way of life you might say.  So I  will share some sites that have some great recipes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment